Wednesday, 15 February 2012

MSCC : Strawberry, I mean Raspberry Marble Cheesecake



This is my first recipe that I am baking with the Martha Stewart Cupcake Club.  My hubby bought me this book just a couple of months ago for Christmas and even though I am a little late joining this party, they still have plenty of recipes left to try.

This months selection was chosen by  Gem at Cupcake Crazy GemI thought this was a great pick and I used this as my Valentine's day dessert.  I did make one modification, as you can see from my title.  My husband is not a raspberry fan, so I went and used strawberries instead. I found these to be very tasty and everyone went back for more.  I topped mine with some whip cream and sprinkles for the occasion.





I did have to eat these with a fork out of the wrapper.  Not because of the whip cream, but because I found them a bit tricky to get out of the wrapper.  Not sure if I was the only one that had this problem, or if this was how it was supposed to be.  I did cut this recipe in half so I may have not put in enough or to much of something.  However fork or no fork, this recipe was super tasty and I will be baking them again.   My boys were very happy with their Valentine treat.  You can find the recipe here and make sure to visit MSCC to see how the other bakers did.





5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the club! I also cut my recipe in half, so now I am curious to see what happened. I love the addition of whipped cream. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my first time baking with the club too! Your cupcakes look great and your son is sooo cute!! I love how you arranged them into a heart shape. Perfect for Valentine's :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you could join us! I cut my recipe in half, too. I loved the whipped cream topping you did. It definitely looked more like a cupcake! I used paper wrappers, but I think a foil wrapper would have been better for a cheesecake. Next time..... :-) Thanks so much for baking with us and I hope to see you next month!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah so glad you were able to use them as your Valentine's treat! It didn't even cross my mind when I was picking a recipe for Feb that it would co-incide with V day! I was wishing I had picked something more romantic...that tied in better! but I guess strawberries, red puree and heart cases actually make for quite a good Valentine's treat! Glad your boys enjoyed them, and I like the heart shape too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the cupcake club! And what a sweet husband to buy you the book. Your little boy looks like such a cutie with such a sweet smile. I think it's because he can't wait to dig into the cupcake. I am yet another one who cut the recipe in half. My problem came with a crumbly crust. Don't know if that's because I didn't put enough butter in, but it still was tasty.

    ReplyDelete